Learn about contaminants that may be in the water in Monrovia, Pasadena, Alhambria, San Gabriel and Arcadia and the surrounding areas
Some contaminants make themselves known by their smell, taste, or visual appearance. However, there are many contaminants that may be in our local water that you cannot see, taste, or smell. A professional home water test by one of our certified water specialists can help you identify the basics of what’s in your water and can then recommend additional testing if necessary. There is no obligation for this service.
There are potentially unhealthy contaminants in your water you don’t want in your body…
Some common waterborne contaminants include:
- Bacteria & Viruses
- Emerging contaminants such as pharmaceuticals, personal care products (PCPs) and endocrine-disrupting compounds (EDCs)and PFAS (forever chemicals)
Did you know the safe drinking water act of 1974, which dictates the quality of water that you are legally allowed to get out of your tap, regulates less than 100 water contaminants? That’s kind of a long time ago.
Unfortunately, the EPA estimates there are around 60,000 chemicals in the US right now. Just think for a minute about all of the medicines and prescriptions we take, pass through our system, and then end up back in our drinking water unregulated.
Not a fun thought.
Our point isn’t to scare you, just to educate you about water in the US and our local area. To learn more about your tap water, check out this database put together by EWG.org.
To reduce contaminants that may be in your water up to 99% we have high quality Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter systems available along with our dedicated service and maintenance.
We also offer a one-of-a-kind whole-house sediment filter, carbon filter, and water softener all-in-one to improve the water at every tap in your home.
If you have any questions about the best option for you, your family, or your business, use the form on this page and we’ll get in touch with you right away.
After all, that’s why we’re here. To help you get the best quality water within your budget.
Local Monrovia & Pasadena Area Reviews
Drinking Water Filtration System Monrovia CA
The Best Drinking Water for Your Home
North Brothers Plumbing was founded in 1966 as a water treatment company offering drinking water filtration system and has been offering the best commercial and residential water softeners, reverse osmosis systems, water filters, bottled water, and more for decades in the Monrovia area. We’ll give you a professional water analysis and figure out the ideal water treatment system for your home or office application. We carry water softeners, filters, and RO systems from Water Drop and have everything from high quality affordable options to the highest tech items that can connect via wifi. Give us a call for a free consultation today.
drinking water, drinking water filter system, drinking water filtration system, drinking water systems, drinking water testing near me, best faucet water filter, faucet filter, faucet water filter, water faucet filter, tap water, tap water filter, under counter water filter, best under sink water filter, sink filter, under sink reverse osmosis, under sink water filtration system, under the sink water filter, water filter for sink, best water to drink, potable water tanks, healthiest water to drink, potable, potable waterBuilt in counter, home, reverse osmosis, commercial, chome, under sink, residential, factory, simple, water purification, comparison, industrial, filter, water treatment, single stage, potable, water, 5 stage, schematic, outdoor, 6 stage water filter, basic, modern, advanced, countertop, premium, ultraviolet, tap water, workplace water, kitchen, biochar
704 W Colorado Blvd Monrovia CA 91016
Phone Number: 626-605-1713
Hours: 8am-5pm Mon-Fri
About Monrovia CA:
Monrovia is located 20 miles northeast of Los Angeles in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in the San Gabriel Valley in the county of Los Angeles. Monrovia was founded May 17, 1886 and incorporated in 1887. Monrovia, capital, largest city, and chief Atlantic port of Liberia, located on Bushrod Island and Cape Mesurado. It was founded during the administration of U.S. Pres. James Monroe (for whom it was named) by the American Colonization Society as a settlement for freed American slaves.
From San Gabriel Valley Airport 4233 Santa Anita Ave, El Monte, CA 91731, United States Head southwest on Santa Anita Ave toward Lambert Rd 10 ft Make a U-turn at Lambert Rd Pass by McDonald's (on the left in 0.8 mi) 1.0 mi Turn right onto W Hondo Pkwy 0.2 mi Continue onto Tyler Ave Pass by Jack in the Box (on the left in 0.7 mi) 0.7 mi Continue onto S 2nd Ave 2.6 mi Turn right onto E Colorado Blvd Destination will be on the right 0.7 mi To 704 W Colorado Blvd Monrovia, CA 91016, USA
Drinking Water Company Reviews:
See why we are the top water purification company in Monrovia.
Facebook Reviews: https://www.facebook.com/NorthBrothersPlumbing/
You may have found us by searching for some other common water purification services:
Some of our other important water purification pages:
Counties Monrovia is in/near:
Los Angeles County and Orange County
Cities near Monrovia:
Arcadia, San Gabriel, Alhambria, Monrovia, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Riverside, Glendale, San Bernardino, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ontario, Fontana, Santa Clarita, Rancho Cucamonga, Garden Grove, Pomona, Corona, Torrance, Pasadena, Fullerton, Palmdale, Orange, Lancaster, El Monte, East Los Angeles, Inglewood, Downey, West Covina, Costa Mesa, Norwalk, Burbank, Rialto, South Gate, Compton, Mission Viejo and Carson.
Zip Codes in/near Monrovia:
91008, 91010, 91024, 91107, 91001, 91107, 91104, 91106, 91105, 91103, 91108, 91775, 91101, 91007, 91006, 91780, 91776, 91801, 91770, 91755, 91754, 91803, 91030, 90041, 90042, 90032, 90031, 91011, 91214 and 91020
Neighborhoods in/near Monrovia:
Frequently Asked Drinking Water Questions:
What does the safe drinking water act say?
(table)The safe drinking water act (SDWA) says that the quality of all drinking water must be protected and authorizes the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to establish minimum standards requiring all owners and/or operators of public water systems to comply with these standards. Under the Act, the EPA also establishes minimum standards for state programs to protect underground sources of drinking water.
What is the best water to drink?
The best water to drink is the one that you will drink the most of and the most often. However, if you’re looking for a clear breakdown of the benefits to each kind, here is a quick list:
- Hydrogen Water: Technically the most healthy water to drink, hydrogen water contains hydrogen molecules that act as powerful antioxidants. The claim is these molecules are capable of helping your body neutralize harmful free radicals, reduce inflammation, & slow down aging.
- Alkaline Water: Classified as water with a pH level of 8 or above, Alkaline Water has become more popular because research shows that an alkaline diet is generally good for health as the body thrives when it is able to maintain a slightly alkaline pH. While low on minerals & nutrients, alkaline water has been shown to relieve symptoms of upset stomach, increase the body’s overall absorption of minerals by 30%, and reduce blood pressure by 15% (see study).
- Distilled Water: Distilled water has the highest level of purity and is almost sterile. Sometimes called demineralized or deionized water, distilled water is water that has had everything removed (including ions and minerals). So while it’s the purest form of water that you can get, it literally has nothing in it (good or bad). There are no harmful side effects to drinking distilled water but it is not recommended as the sole source of drinking water as it lacks basic minerals & nutrients that are beneficial in water.
- Bottled Water: Bottled water is a convenient way to access clean safe drinking water however, some large water brands have admitted that their bottled water is nothing more than filtered tap water and it comes with a large environmental cost due to its single serve plastic container. Bottled water also has a shelf life (yes, really) as the plastic leaches into the water overtime, effectively contaminating it.
- Boiled Water: While boiling your water is one of the cheapest ways to purify your water, boiling only kills pathogens and is not capable of removing other contaminants such as like lead, pesticides, nitrates and other chemicals. Boiling water also lends a very flat taste to the water which most people do not prefer.
- Tap Water:
Is tap water safe to drink?
While tap water is “safe” to drink EWG (Environmental Working Group) did a 5-year study looking at the quality of US tap water and the results showed that tap water supplied to all 50 states contained over 500 different contaminants. While we tend that think that the water that arrives in our homes is “filtered” the truth is that municipal water treatment facilities only treat for specific regulated contaminants (not all) & even worse, the lead pipes the water travels through to your home introduce more contaminants to your water on its journey.